Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 2 - The Need to Heed the Mead

Although this is a change that I've already implemented, it is worth mentioning since it is an important one.

During a very long year at work, consisting of major transitions filled with excruciating uncertainty, I gained about 60 pounds.  That's a lot of bricks of butter!

Now, I must atone for this!

While I'm not an alcoholic (or at least I've not joined AA yet!), I do love beer and wine and other fine stuff like St Germain Elderflower liqueur (liquid gold!) and port.

I eat fairly well so cutting out the booze would take care of at least half of the onus of losing the poundage, so I have.

The next time I have a drink will be at a beer festival in July, 2016.  It gives me something to look forward to and I want to feel zero guilt when I do indulge!

So far, no alcohol has led to better sleep, higher mental acuity, easier exercising and for the scale to move every so slightly.  I'll take it!

Time to go rake up the leaves that finally dumped onto our yard.  In November.  Trees are fickle things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop a line to let me know you've been here. It's so motivating to write more if you know somebody's reading! Enjoy your days!!