Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How It All Began...

In spite of the blog title, this isn't a blog about literally chasing Wentworth Miller...or stalking him...or even trying to find out where he lives. There are enough people out there hunting him down...I'm sure he could use a break! :)

I was perusing You Tube recently and came across an interview with Wentworth and Ellen. Now, as a bit of background, my friend has threatened me precisely 7,550 times to within an inch of my life to watch Prison Break so she can chatter incessantly about it, but I just never got around to it. Then, I saw the boy on Ellen (I know he's not a boy. He's a year older than me, but he has a baby face). And there was something about his personality that drew me in (along with every other woman, gay man, most straight men and all animals out there!). Granted, he's an actor and all, but he just struck me as such a down-to-earth guy that I sat and listened. And he's funny and charming and disarmingly calm (except for his fidgeting fingers!) and I was staring at him thinking, "He and I would be fast friends!". I do realize that every other person in the world thinks they can offer up a perfect partnership for him as well, but I really felt like, in a non-celebrity based world, if the world was just a little bit smaller, he and I would be friends. And a thought crossed my mind that I would like to surround myself with people of the same high moral caliber. That doesn't mean I think he's perfect. Actually, the thing that caught my attention the most was the fact that he doesn't seem like a male version of a diva and that's refreshing and impressive considering his legion of fans! I'm quite certain that this sounds like sheer lunacy, but it's my blog and I'll dream if I want to. :) This is my journey to find new friends. My quest is to find the Wentworth Millers of this world to stand by my side.

(Oh, and I watch Prison Break now...and LOVE it!)

Song of the day: Let This Be Our Prayer - Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli

4 comments:

  1. Found you through Comedy Goddess. I don't know who Wentworth Miller is, so I'm guessing friendship is out of the question. BUT I totally get you on the celebrity friendship front. I've been convinced that certain celebrities would be my best friend if only we had the chance to meet (Molly Shannon, Isaac Mizrahi, Ellen, KD Lang, Frances McDormand to name a few)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I visited your blog the other day & I was supposed to leave a comment then something in my stressful day came up & lead me in a wayward direction & I veered away - it happens =\

    I did read this post & a few others the other day & I must say that I love your blog as well! My friend sent me the link & I'm thinking "cool, another Went fan". Then when I arrived, I realized it was so much more!

    I enjoy that you feel the same way about Wentworth as I do: if, in another life or an opposite universe, we ever met, we'd be best friends! He's a sweet, down to earth guy, very charming, extremely handsome & I love listening to (and watching LOL) him talk! Besides that, you simply don't find a lot of people like him, in his position yet still quirky/dorky/lovable! I'm striving to find the Wentworth Millers of the world, too! I hope we both succeed in this quest of ours!

    I'm glad you had the opportunity to visit my blog as well & I'm glad you found your Wentworth Miller spot with it! I added you to the blogs I follow b/c there needs to be more of us "Chasing Wentworth Miller" =) Sorry this was so long!

    Take care,
    Laila (SoLo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I got to your blog through SoHoMeetsSoLo.

    To be honest, when I read the name of the blog, I thought: This one is a stalker! But, now that I actually read this post, my opinion has changed completely.

    I think I'll be coming round often ;)

    savMed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann's Rants ~ I know I responded to this comment a while back...somewhere, but thought I'd acknowledge you agan while I'm at it. You were one of my very first Followers (geez, I feel like I'm leading a cult here!)

    SoLo ~ Stressful days are the worst and I know all about it! Thanks for taking the time to come back, though! I'm glad you still come back even though there aren't any photos of Wentworth. :) I hope we both find these awesome people we seek! I know that I do have a few in my life and I'm grateful! No worries about the length. Write as much or as little as you'd like!

    savMed ~ LOL at your comment about thinking I was a stalker! I would have thought the same thing! Sometimes I feel like putting a disclaimer in the title saying, "It's not what you think." but it's my spot and I feel no need to change it. :) And to be perfectly honest with you, with all the blogs out there, I didn't really expect to have it read very much! Thank you for stopping by...and I'm so happy you'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a line to let me know you've been here. It's so motivating to write more if you know somebody's reading! Enjoy your days!!