Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 3 - Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to work I go

Another thing I've already started doing, but will include on my list of changes, is walking to work.

It is 5 kms each way.  Uphill both ways.  I know that makes me sound like I'm 85 and telling tales, but it's a valley!

Walking to work is mostly downhill with a few uphill battles near the end.  I have a gym membership and store everything in my locker, then get showered and changed and take the elevator straight up to work!  I love this convenience!

Heading home takes a little bit more willpower!  It would be so easy to take transit or a cab.  But I change, strap on my good boots and hit the pavement every day and it feels so great as soon as I start walking!

I have also started listening to books along the way.  I'm finally getting through some books I've had on my list for many years.  More on that tomorrow!

I make sure that I charge my Fitbit every night before going to bed.  Having these steps counted for me and showing my daily progress is so motivating!  I love feeling that little buzz buzz when I hit my daily goal of 12,000 steps!  I have also purchased fun bands for it so I can wear it throughout the day.  I'm a matchy-matchy girl so this is a small thing that brings me immense pleasure!  I have one with a Canadian flag, one with shamrocks, one with moustaches for Movember and more!

Do you use a Fitbit?  Does it encourage you?  Want to be Fitbit buddies??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to drop a line to let me know you've been here. It's so motivating to write more if you know somebody's reading! Enjoy your days!!