So, I've done some lists before and I've babbled on and on like a loon as of late so I doubt that anything I write here will surprise anybody. The ever-lovely Charmaine tagged me to do this (although her tagging experience is something I've never heard of before!).
Let me take a shot at digging a bit deeper and finding new tidbits.
As a side note, when the show Dharma & Greg was on television, I was often referred to by my friends as Dharma because of the odd things/jobs/experiences of my life. Funny how, from the outside looking in, somebody's life can be so intriguing!
Sidethought - Is Henry The Dog and his Mum back yet???
1. I think I am going through early onset menopause. No joking around here. It's disturbing and overwhelming. Truthfully, age is just a number to me. I don't mind telling people I am 35 (36 in 3 days...). It doesn't even bother me to think I might be facing this thing so early. What bothers me is the fact that I am ill-prepared for it! I already deal with rosatia so there's my big ol' heart lambasted on my sleeve every single solitary day. There's never a question about my reaction to things! There's only damage control! But NOW! Holy sweet heaven above! I may or may not have already blogged about my recent hot flashes. I made jokes about it to my friends, but secretly it's a little awkward. Here's what happened 2 days in a row:
---It's -30 Celsius outside and I'm walking toward work. People have their hats, scarves, mitts, hoods, snowpants, winter boots, etc. fully layered and bundled onto themselves. I was walking down the street WITH . MY . COAT . OFF! Wearing a t-shirt. And sweating. Profusely!! We're talkin' swaet running down my back here. On the first day, I was wearing a bright green t-shirt and I didn't get up from my desk. Do you know why? Because the sweat stains under my arms went down to my waist. SERIOUSLY!
Yeah. I know. Not lookin' so cute anymore, huh? :)
And my big ol' SERIOUSLY bright red cheeks glow! I don't wear blush. Ever. But recently, a friend told me I should tone down on the blush because it was just a little too obvious that I was wearing some.
Those were the worst days thus far, but almost every single day I have a few moments of, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?" and it's usually just me. Yesterday I stood and waited while my friend tried clothes on. After we left the store and she put on her winter accessories shivering she looked over at me and asked if I was going to put on my jacket. "Nope. I need to let the heat dissipate before I put any other layers on this body o' mine." My skin was hot to the touch and I was, again, adorably sweating like I'd just run a marathon!
2. As crazy as this may sound, it bothers me that people tell me ALL . THE . FRIGGIN' . TIME that I look WAY younger than my years. Yes, I realize that some people might react with, "What? She doesn't look THAT young." Yeah. That's what I think, too. But people say it every day. It makes me want to let my grey hair grow out (trust me there's LOTS!) and yank down my pants to show my saggy butt! OK that might be taking it a bit far, but I always feel like I'm defending myself. I often get overlooked due to my looks even though I act/dress/work like somebody my age with experience. I often get the, "Aw isn't she just adorable look." I want to kick those people. I may look younger than my years on the outside, but I feel much older on the inside. And I'm tired.
Now that my ranting and bitching is out of the way, I can't think of 8 more things...
3. I've always wanted to sing somewhere for someone. I almost had the opportunity to sing at my sister's wedding, but she called it off. I was more disappointed in the fact that I wouldn't get to sing at the wedding than the actual dissolution of the relationship. I'm goin' to hell. :) I don't have a great voice. I've never taken singing lessons and I'm horribly shy about singing in public, but I have a nice voice and with the right song I can sing very well. I don't know why I've always wanted to sing for somebody. Perhaps it's just the compliment of being asked? I was supposed to sing Keith Whitley's When You Say Nothing At All at the wedding. I remember my older sister calling me a year later asking if I had recorded a cover of the song. She was referring to the Allison Krauss version of the song that had been released. That was THE nicest thing she could have ever asked me. Of course it wasn't me, but she was SURE it was. Yay! :)
*Is it hot in here??*
4. I shred all of my important papers...after 7 years of diligently keeping them filed away. Much good that's done me. I can't remember ever digging through the papers for anything other than confirmation of what my old address was.
5. I wear a size 8 in shoes (although it can range from 7 1/2 to 9). I just bought these at Zellers. Zellers! I couldn't believe it! They are impossibly cute, they were the last pair left and they fit my feet perfectly. I felt like Cinderella...for $17.51. I also bought a chocolate bar.
6. I played basketball for 3 years in junior high and never knew the rules. I didn't understand the rules of the game at all! I would go to where the ref yelled at me to stand if I had to toss the ball back into the game. I would stand up solid in front of the player my coach told me to stand in front of and hustle my ass to the other end of the court when he screamed at me to do so, but I didn't have a clue about what I was doing. I remember going to a game here in Toronto sitting 4 rows back from courtside and thinking, "I don't know how I didn't understand this!"
7. I like winter scarves and matching gloves/mittens. I probably have a dozen of them. It's a shame because I rarely get to wear them since it's always summer in my body these days! :) Even before my recent episodes I've always had a high core body temperature. I'm like a little Bunsen Burner.
Yet...somehow...my stupid feet are always cold. What's up with that!?
8. My favorite painting is Two Sisters (on a Terrace) by Renoir. It makes me smile every single time I see it. It lights up my heart!
9. I think about traveling around the world every day. I'm a very easy traveler and I think I'll have more fun if I do it alone. I like to slap on a backpack and just go with no set schedule.
10. If I had 3 wishes, they would be:
1. That no person in the world should ever go hungry again
2. That people would NEVER have to worry about whether they can afford life-changing surgery
3. That my mind could rest easy knowing that if I didn't make it through the night, my daughter would be well taken care of without having to take on my debt.
I'm not tagging anybody because I'm too lazy. :) Go ahead and do it. It's like therapy in a little bloggy box!!
***EDIT - I got a great laugh out of doing this tonight! Thank you Charmaine you crazy woman! And Braja...I've lost at least 5 lbs with the whole veggie movement and you've helped with that so THANK YOU! ;)
OMG go read Lilly's Google Anyalitics! I almost peed my pants. Thank God for Depends...:)
Spring Decorating Ideas
6 hours ago